Design & Engineering
At Mi-De-Con Industrial Contractor, we believe in starting with the end in mind. We strive to provide safely commissioned, fully functional facilities that meet the expectations of the customer’s end user. Our first order of business during the design phase is to ask questions, to understand the customer’s product, process, and conditions of satisfaction. We enjoy working with the end users to understand the long-term safety, maintenance, and future expansion needs during the design process.
We tailor our engineering services to the customer’s needs and can provide a package as detailed, or as simple, as the customer desires.
We specialize in early involvement during the development of Owner Program, Conceptual Design, and Budgeting. Our project management & construction expertise is applied to the design phase to:
Use our scheduling expertise, like the construction phase, to drive the timely delivery of design documents which maximizes the time available for owner decision making and provides opportunity to meet or improve on the overall project schedule.
Afford the customer opportunity to consider options by using our strengths in preconstruction planning and estimating to give the customer the information they need to make decisions.
Include our team of construction professionals who use their knowledge and hands-on experience to provide reviews and suggestions that lead to efficient and constructible designs.
Leverage our engineers and project managers that have worked directly for industrial Owners. They are always looking at safety, maintainability, and functionality from the end user’s viewpoint.
Experience / Specialty:
- Process Improvements
- Seed conditioning and packaging
- Food processing and building projects
- Bulk Material Handling / Conveyance
- Dry flowable products including aggregates, minerals, edibles, powders, grain, seed, and feed
- Receiving, storage, and transfer
- Retrofit and Renovation projects
- Scope Development and Narratives
- Process Design & Optimization Improvements
- Process Flow Diagrams (PFD)
- Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID)
- General Arrangement / Equipment Layout / Process Line Layout
- Process equipment recommendations and procurement
- Piping and Duct Layout
- Structural Steel Design and Procurement
- 3D Modeling – Autodesk Inventor & Revit
- 3D Scanning and As-Built Documentation
- Clash Detection
- Shop Drawings Review
- Crane and rigging sizing
- Instrument specification and selection
- Custom machine design